Welcome to the first day of summer! How exciting…even thought I’m basking in gray, cloudy weather in South Dakota.
This morning while catching up on my daily news, I came across an article on the National Geographic website. The article contained content about how today is the longest day of the year and a little history of how different countries celebrate summer. I definitely got my science and history lesson for the day, but very informative I must say.
Did you know that the calendar was a very important tool back in the day? They say people wanted to know what was going on so they were ready for what was to come. I know I would be lost without my calendar!
To celebrate the first day of summer, I have a recipe to share. Recently I’ve been thinking we have a lot of stuff to use up…so I raided the pantry and refrigeration to create some sort of tasty concoction.
The recipe is:
Steak and Vegetable Pizza
2. As they pizza dough is rising, grill your steak and cut up your vegetables. We used asparagus, sweet peppers and onion.
3. Preheat your oven to 500°.
4. Shape your pizza dough how you like it.
5. Spread your favorite steak or BBQ sauce. We used A-1.
6. Throw all your goodies (steak & vegetables) onto the crust and cheese.
7. Bake until crust is golden brown, about 15 minutes or so.
Can’t wait to raid the pantry again tonight and figure what tasty menu item we can whip up again!