This past weekend, I didn’t have any plans set in stone – which was a wonderful feeling. The only productive thing I did was on Sunday. I tried my hand at pickling some vegetables. Part of our garden is doing … Continue reading
Welcome to the first day of summer! How exciting…even thought I’m basking in gray, cloudy weather in South Dakota. This morning while catching up on my daily news, I came across an article on the National Geographic website. The article … Continue reading
First off I want to say, I’m overwhelmed by those that viewed my blog yesterday! I’m filled with excitement that I just had to blog again…and I think my grandparents will be super excited to know this too. I don’t … Continue reading
2. Over medium heat, in a large skillet, saute the green bell pepper and onion in olive oil until the onions are translucent.
3. Add bite-sized hot dog pieces and stir and heat for 3-4 minutes.
4. Stir in chili beans, brown sugar, garlic powder, and chili powder. Heat through.
5. Stir in 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese. Spoon the entire mixture into the pan over the corn muffin batter.
6. Spoon the rest of the muffin batter on top of the chili beans mixture.
7. Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheddar cheese on top. Bake another 3 minutes or just until the cheese begins to melt. Cool for a few minutes and serve.
Today, Dustin and I are going to have our post-wedding garage sale. We don’t have much but we needed to have a sale to get rid of all our older stuff to make room for our wonderful wedding gifts!
Since its Saturday, I thought I would share a recipe since I haven’t done that for such a long time! I’m honestly going to try to get better at posting tasty recipes that we’ve tried! So here we go!
(Warning: This kick might have a little kick-I mean my mouth of on fire!)
3 cups Macaroni Pasta noodles
1 pound Ground Beef
1 whole Medium Onion, Diced
¼ cups Fresh Parsley, Chopped
1 cup Milk
2 cups Of Your Favorite BBQ Sauce (Our favorite BBQ sauce recipe follows directions)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
2 cups Monterey Jack Cheese
BBQ Sauce As Garnish
1. Heat oven to 350F. Spray a 2 quart casserole dish with cooking spray. (I used my Pampered Chef round baker.)
2. Cook and drain pasta according to package directions.
3. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8-10 minutes until beef is brown, drain grease. Stir pasta, 3 Tablespoons of parsley, milk, BBQ sauce, mozzerella cheese and 1 cup Monterrey Jack cheese into beef in skillet. Stir well.
4. Spoon mixture into casserole dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese and parsley, plus a swirl of BBQ sauce across the entire surface.
5. Bake uncovered 30-40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Our Favorite BBQ Sauce: Jack’s Best Pals Master BBQ Sauce
1/2 cups of ketchup
2 tablespoons of worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons of tabasco (We don’t put this in)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon of cumin
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
1 tablespoon of pepper flakes
1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper (We put a small dash)
1 tablespoon of garlic powder
2 tablespoons of celery salt
1/4 cup dark molasses
1/4 cup Jack Daniels
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup apple juice
Combine all ingredients, except the Jack Daniels, in a saucepan and heat slowly until the mixture turns ruby red about 10 min. Take off heat and add the Jack Daniels. Stir and enjoy over ribs or steak, basically anything on meat!